Thursday, March 25, 2010

Numbah Eight

What is your topic for the research paper? How does this topic currently impact American culture (or another country, if that's where you're going with this)? How is your book/show/movie different from all of the other books/shows/movies out there like it? How is it unique? What specific cultural issue will you be addressing in your research essay and why is it relevant TODAY?

My topic for my research paper is the effect of television on children has started through the 90's, specifically focusing on Tiny Toon Adventures. I am simply stating that this show has continued to include lessons learned through the point of view of children. The cast of the show are young "children," I guess you could say, who go through a day doing some awesome activity and then in the end learning a lesson that has been entirely new to them. Usually in the end the "granny" helps the children work out their differences and whatnot. Enough with that, I'm sure many of you already know this show.
What I am trying to say is that children watch shows that teach lessons a lot, and it has had more influence on children of the earlier generations, like our generation, and today, it seems to have less impact on their lives. I'm trying to show that Tiny Toon Adventures was an awesome show that taught lessons, and it has. I would also like to touch on some modern shows and see the different techniques they used, that haven't been working as well as the older cartoons. This is a major issue in the present day, mostly because children watch more television than play outside, making it the one place they learn from. With a lot more fun shows that are educational in some way help children learn. Even the smallest of lessons can improve a child's ability. Blah Blah you'll hear more about it in my paper. :)

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed watching Tiny Toon Adventures growing up. I remember watching one episode (it might have been a short film) where Plucky Duck went on a family vacation and while on the road to their destination, they drove through a tunnel. In the tunnel, Plucky Duck held his breath (I don't remember why....) After watching that episode, my brother and I used to try to hold our breath in every tunnel we went through...especially the long tunnels on the H3 back at home. Children's brains are like sponges while they are in elementary school and any show they watch will impact what they choose to do in reality. I think what you should try to do is find a more specific topic using your show to prove how this show is different from other children's television programs. What makes this show so unique (pretty much what the prompt is asking). Other than that, I think you're heading in the right direction and look forward to helping you revise your paper.

    On a side note...I can't remember if Tiny Toon Adventures had a granny in it. You may want to check if you're thinking of the right show because I know that Baby Looney Tunes is the one that played on Cartoon Network and that show had a granny. Either both shows have grannys or you may be getting mixed up. Just something to check up on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember ever seeing Tiny Toon Adventures, but it sounds as though it is high in moral code and has lots of good lessons for the viewers to learn. But my brothers and sisters and i do hold our breath when we go under tunnels, and i never knew why, so that is of particular interest, that something i never personally experienced had such an impact on me, i guess not a huge impact, but some impact nontheless. I've watched lots of shows that have tuaght me lessons over the years, unfprtunately they were shows like "The man Show" and other ones of equal crudeness, but eh, i turned out alright.

    ReplyDelete