Friday, March 12, 2010

Numbah Seven

In regards to Tuesday's class select one paper that you have written in this semester and access it as high, middle, or low and explain why. Then explain what you can do to make that paper stronger.

I think my Personal Analysis paper that I have recently written is a pretty good paper. In it I wrote about Cleopatra and how she had to adapt to Egyptian culture from Greek culture. I compared it to how my life was in the beginning, learning English when I only knew Japanese, it was definitely a huge change for me. I would give it a Middle, because I have included sources and have an argument. I am arguing in it that multicultural people have changed the world by creating more diversity, and that is definitely harder to define ourselves as a certain race. I think to take it to the next level I would have to get help from a peer to have it reviewed and read to clear out some things that might be confusing in it or just not working out. It definitely has the potential I think, and how to bring it out is going to be a tough road, but I'll get there!

2 comments:

  1. I really like that you used Cleopatra! Its really a really interesting person to use. I also like the parallel that you made between yourself and Cleopatra. I have only took Spanish, but i can't imagine how hard it would be to learn English when only knowning Japanese. Editing is a tough road, but im realizing how important editing is because it can make the paper that much stronger. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really cool topic. I would give it a 'high' based just on that. Plus it takes some good, specific knowledge to be able to write. Also, it takes a special kind of insight to draw parallels between your life and that of a major historical figure. Whenever I hear names like Cleopatra or Alexander the Great, I tend to set them above real humanity because they had such prestige surrounding them, but i suppose it isn't so different as the U.S. president at any givn time. Don't really know where i'm going with this, so yeah..

    ReplyDelete