Thursday, January 28, 2010

Numbah Two

What was the most important thing you learned in Boot Camp? Explain why.

The most important thing I learned was just reviewing all the writing skills. I pretty much remember most of what we had discussed in class because most of it was through my English classes through High School. We had to write all those long research papers that showed our opinion and what not. I definitely learned new things as well, but just reminiscing on the important writing elements helped me. If we hadn't gone through boot camp, I'd probably be writing with no thesis and just writing a bunch of random ideas and not a straight forward topic. I totally forgot all about all that very important writing skills I learned..(I know... -___-) So thanks for boot camp! :D

5 comments:

  1. The thesis was what I was most concerned with when I set out to create a boot camp for us - so I'm glad that helped you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing a good, solid thesis is always one of the toughest things to do when writing. I always struggle with trying to create a thesis and I'm really glad that boot camp reminded you of the importance of a thesis. In class, it sort of seemed like everyone was taught differently when it comes to writing a thesis and the review proved to be useful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though bootcamp was very helpful, and as you mentioned, the thesis section in particular, I still had trouble with creating a thesis when writing my mccandless response paper. Altohugh, typically I sit for 45 minutes trying to make a thesis and then the rest flies by, in this case however the thesus only took about 25 and then i got stuck on the next section, so it if difficult to tell whether i improved or just shifted the diffculty to another section of the essay. anyway..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Learning about writing a thesis was definetly a good refresher. It also helped me learn had to broaden how I write my thesis, and to change it from the basic way I have been learning how to write my thesis for papers in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the exact same way! I know I've already learned a majority of everything we learned in boot camp, but it definitely refreshed my memory and if it wasn't for that I would probably writing a bunch of random ideas as well. I also learned about how much more complex our thesis' should be from what I'm used to so I'm definitely going to work on that.

    ReplyDelete