Sunday, January 24, 2010

Numbah One


Hi! My name is Timothy Short. I grew up in Hawaii with my family of four, including my parents and my bratty little sister. For the first five years of my life though, I lived in Japan. Even though English is technically my second language, I really think my English is way better than my Japanese. I can speak Japanese semi-fluently and love the Japanese culture. I have my entire mom's side of the family living in Japan, and my father's side of the family living in Wyoming.Tennis and soft tennis is a great way that I get to release my stress and just let loose. In high school, I was the top ranked varsity soft tennis player at my school, and ranked in the top four of my varsity tennis team. I am the intramural men's singles champ at WSU too!
My writing skills... hm, I have really terrible writing skills and I hope that being in this class will boost it up. Being able to construct strong sentences is my weak point. I can get to the point, but it'll take me a while to get there. Please help me out and please bear with me! :)

Being away from home is a big step, especially the cold weather, and I hope I can feel at home with my WSU Ohana. :)

4 comments:

  1. Tim! Tim! Tim!!! I'm glad we're in the same group! Yay! I still envy your semi-fluent Japanese skills... if only my mom spoke to me in Japanese as a kid. You're so lucky you got to live in Japan too....I wish I had that kind of opportunity as well. Matt (in our group) likes to play tennis too. I think our group will get along just fine this semester and hopefully we'll all become much better writers by helping each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tim!
    Thats really cool that you lived in Japan for 5 years! I love to play tennis, just for fun though. Sounds like your pretty awesome at it! i bet coming from Hawaii to Washington was a pretty big change, at least we have not had big snowstorms this year like we normally do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tim!
    That's so cool that you lived in Japan! Do you like the US or Japan more?! I would love to visit Japan. That's funny that you call your sister a brat, ha I also have a little brother whose a little shit stain. Although I do miss him whenever I come back to school! That's really cool that you were ranked that top varsity tennis player too! Congrats! And that you're the mens intramural champ at WSU as well! That's sweet! It was nice getting to know a little bit about you, I'll see you in class in Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty cool that you lived in Japan, and that you play tennis. Although i don't know what soft tennis is, it sounds ominous. I have cousins that live in Hawaii, on Maui in Lahaina.

    ReplyDelete