Thursday, February 18, 2010

Numbah Five

"Did the article about Taylor Swift influence your opinion of her personally and her music? Do you think the pictures and charts added to the article or subtracted from it?"

My view of Taylor Swift is that she is an innocent little girl who sings about her love life. When has she sung a song without the thought of a boy? I guess that's what's in now days. Anyways, the article did not change any of my opinions on her but merely made me laugh. It was hilarious looking at the pictures and charts to see that she sings about driving, mostly in a truck, and crying. After reading this article and viewing the pictures I really started to notice that her songs were actually about riding in trucks and crying! Also, I started to like point out stuff when she sings it in her songs. This article did not change my view of Taylor Swift as a person or as an artist, but has made me notice those things about her.

4 comments:

  1. The article did not change my opinion about Taylor Swift either. The chart was especially helpful in trying to show us how narrow the topics of her songs are. I think, however, that a lot of artists are like that. Love is just a popular topic when it comes to song-writing and I found some of the author's arguments to be weak. I find it funny how now you're starting to pick out some of the lyrics and really realize how often she mentions trucks and what not. I think the chart, for everyone, was a real eye opener-- even if most of the "icons" represent Swift's first CD and isn't an accurate representation of "Fearless".

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're coming dangerously close to insulting her.. watch yourself Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Taylor Swift's music, but the chart was funny because it did show that she sings about the same things in her songs. But I think thats what I like about her, I like the simplicity of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely agree! You made a lot of great points that I'm right behind you with. There are soo many artists that sing about love, boys, and etc. just like Taylor Swift so why is she the one getting called out for her songs? I feel like there's a lot of other artists that I'd say something about before her. I like Taylors music and although it's not all that meaningful, it doesn't mean it's not good or fun to listen to and what not.

    ReplyDelete